Monday, December 15, 2008

November 15th...Municipal Election Day

Well it is all over, the votes have been counted and the voters have chosen to re-elect the current Mayor. They have also elected two new Councillors, Joe Thorne & Tom Duncan, it is hoped, and we pray, that they will step up to the plate and do a fine job.

I was not totally disappointed with the results, however, I was extremely disappointed with the voter turn-out. To think that less than 30% (28.2%) turned out to vote, while 71.8% couldn't bother, what apathy! There had better not be too many complaints over the next three years!

Anyway it was a rewarding experience for me, I managed to meet up with a lot of old friends and shared stories with some of our past aquaintances, it was most interesting.
We now have to get on with the rest of our lives and forget about politics, that was the last time for me!

No comments: